It’s time for our annual book poster contest! Every year, all Lafayette students are invited to celebrate one of their favorite books through art and writing. One winner in each grade will win $15 of books of their choice!
Posters must be submitted by Monday, May 10! To submit, take a picture of your poster and add it to your grade’s column in our Padlet.
- Draw your favorite scene from your favorite book.
- Write about your favorite part of the book. Description should be no more than five sentences long and should fit onto the poster. Neatness, legibility, content, spelling, punctuation, and grammar will be judged. For younger students, adults can have children dictate a response; however, all artwork must be done by students.
- Include the title of the book and the author.
- Please include your name, grade, and homeroom.
- You may use the paper size of your choice, but we recommend against poster boards. The poster needs to be small enough that you can get a good picture of it.
- Title and Author: 10 points
- Drawing: 40 points
- Review: 40 points
- Name, Grade, Homeroom: 10 points
Posters will be judged by the Literacy Committee. Ties will be determined by a drawing. Winners will be notified by Ms. Leese. They will make a wish list, and Ms. Leese will order the books for all of the winners.
We can’t wait to see your posters!