Dear Lafayette Families –
It’s unimaginable that today is the last day of school. Somehow, this year has blinked by. There have been celebrations, trying times, moving moments, and most of all joyful learning. Every day our students remind me of how grateful I am to be the principal at Lafayette. As I stood before our 5th grade class yesterday at our Promotion Ceremony, I couldn’t help but tear up. The students before me embody the kindness, growth, intellectual curiosity, and beauty that I see in all of our students every day. I am grateful for our team of teachers and staff who grow these attributes in our kids, day by day. I am grateful to you as a parent community for your support and trust in us. Thank you for an incredible year.
A few parting logistical notes:
- Please be sure to pick up all medication from the nurse by COB today.
- The Lost and Found will be donated after Friday. Please be sure to claim anything before COB Friday.
- If you have not yet turned in enrollment paperwork – WE NEED IT!!!
- Class Lists will be emailed out August 2nd.
- School will be open all summer from 9 am – 3 pm M-F.
Please save the date for important dates for next year:
- 8/22 – Back To School Huddles (chance to tour the building, learn about drop off spots, etc)
- 8/24 – New Family Popsicle Social
- 8/26 – First Day of School, KDG – 5th grade
- 8/27 – 8/30 – PK4 Transition Week
- 9/3 – First Day of School, PK4
Please enjoy time with your families this summer. Encourage curiosity, quiet sitting, running wild, reading, and mostly the love of learning new things. Take good care and we will see you in August!