K-5 Enrichment Opportunities
DCPS will continue their summer enrichment program on a virtual platform. They are excited to dive into SpringBoard’s project-based learning approach in Literacy and Humanities or STEM. While students will participate in a series of learning modules, they will also have one-on-one learning session, whole-group sharing, and additional family resources available. Some of the project highlights include:
- Learn about angles and lines, polygons, and area and perimeter by designing a wildlife sanctuary
- Conduct research for an op-ed and then create an investigative journalism report for a news show
- Learn about plant and animal inheritance and life cycles by devising a plan to save the bee population
- Create virtual museum exhibits to showcase the history of their state.
Dates: Monday, June 22 – Friday, July 24, 2020 (except July 3)
Times: Varies, but generally 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration: Registration for summer learning began on March 10. Students who have already registered for the program will be given first priority for seats. Please note that families do not need to re-register, but will receive a link to confirm their seat.
- Go to dcps.dc.gov/summerlearning to register for Summer Learning.
- Registration must be completed online on a computer, not a phone or tablet.