We did it!!!! Week 1 of ReOpen is complete and it was a very successful week! The building felt amazing with sounds and smiles of teachers and students – whether they were in person or virtual. Our kids are always incredible, and this week was no exception. My hat also goes off to our teachers, both virtual and in person for taking everything in stride and loving and educating our students through this transition. Countless hours of planning, practicing, and work have gone into our ReOpen….and it all paid off to see kids learning from one another in the building and at home.
A few reminders and resources:
If you travel out of the DMV – your child must quarantine for 14 days upon return, or have a negative COVID test 72 hours after return. This is mandatory per DC Mayor Bowser. (This includes ski and tubing day trips to PA and WV). You have also agreed to this per your “Family Agreement for IPL” with DCPS (last bullet point).
Please help keep all of us safe and respect this quarantine period. Failing to quarantine is unsafe and disrespectful to every family and staff member in the building.
- Subject line: “Quarantine for [Child’s Name]
- Please include the child’s homeroom teacher and the date of return to the DMV/quarantine dates
Testing Consent Forms
- Asymptomatic Testing Consent Form
- Symptomatic Testing Consent Form
- DCPS Testing Explainer for Parents
Arrival and Dismissal
Thank you for your flexibility and patience! Our first week of a running brand new logistics was amazingly smooth!!! A few notes:
- 2nd Grade PM Cohort – please arrive between 12:20 and 12:30 (this is a shift from the original time).
- DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG. Please be sure your babysitter and caregivers know this as well.
- Valentine’s Day is coming soon. In order to keep everyone safe and limit the exchange of germs, we will not be having Valentine parties or exchanging valentines. Please do not send your child to school with valentines or candy to share.
- Monday, 2/15 is President’s Day – No School for anyone
We look forward to seeing our “B Week” students on Monday, as well as all of our other students on line and in the am/pm cohorts. Have a safe and restful weekend