Dear Families –
Thank you for everything this year. It has been quite a year. Below are some very important end of year announcements ranging from aftercare to summer reading lists, as well as important dates for the fall. Please take time to read through the announcements thoroughly. Also, if you missed our last parent huddle, the slide deck is linked below.
Aftercare for Fall 2021
CLS is happy to return to Lafayette and looking forward to seeing some familiar faces. They will provide before and after care on site (at Lafayette) for the 2021-2022 school year. Due to staffing constraints caused by COVID-19, CLS will implement the following changes for school year 2021-2022:
- By August 30, CLS will be able to offer 100 afterschool seats to interested families. CLS will also offer 40 seats for before-care, please indicate your interest in this service when you complete the form below.
- Interested families should fill out this form by July 4, 2021.
- Lottery results will be communicated via email on July 6, 2021 and selected families will have until July 11, 2021 at 11:59 PM to register. There would be one lottery entry per family, so that CLS can guarantee that siblings will have a space at the same time. Once families receive the confirmation of entry to the program, they should register by the deadline (July 11 at 11:59 pm), other ways they will forgo their seat(s). Once families enter the lottery, they will be kept on the waiting list for monthly drafts.
- As staffing allows, CLS will open 40 seats every month, with the goal of being completely reopened and with no more waitlisted families by January 3, 2022.
- Registration for afterschool, before-care and late pick-up will cover services Monday through Friday. CLS is unable to offer enrollment for specific days of the week.
- A new CLS website will provide a simpler way to register and pay for CLS services: https://capitollanguageservices.com/
Travel Guidance for Unvaccinated or Partially vaccinated people – please plan according for summer travel and our August 30th start date. You must email if your child will be traveling/quarantine from travel. As a note, there is no virtual instruction available for students who are quarantining due to travel.
Unvaccinated people should:
- Get a COVID-19 test 3-5 days after returning home from their trip
- Quarantine at home until test results return.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, isolate at home until test results return.
If no test is done, unvaccinated people must self-quarantine for 10 days after returning home
o See here for more complete travel and health guidance.
All DCPS laptops and devices must be returned to the building for the summer. They will be updated over the summer and then reissued to 3rd – 5th grade students in the fall.
Medication Pick up
Summer Reading List – Coming soon from your teachers!
School Supplies for Next Year – We will be using School Tool Box again this year. Be on the lookout for an email mid July
Save the Date for Summer Events
8/8 – Class Lists Emailed out
8/20 – Teachers return to work
8/26 – Building Tours for Families
8/28 – New Family Popsicle Social (all families welcome)
8/30 – First day of School for Kindergarten – 5th grade
8/30 – 9/2 – PreK Transition Week; 1st Full day of School for PreK Friday, 9/3
9/13 and 9/14 – Back To School Nights, times TBA
Please enjoy your summer, spend time enjoying outside, reading together, and generally relaxing. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall, 5 days a week (yes even on Wednesdays) from 8:45 am – 3:15 pm. As we approach the end of summer, be on the lookout for all the details you will need to have a successful and amazing school year.