Dear Lafayette Families –
As we near winter break, it is undeniable that we have seen an uptick in COVID cases in our city, as well as within our Lafayette community. While not completely surprising, it can be stressful and worrisome. Please continue to stay the course with the safety measures we have in place as we finish out 2021:
- Masks worn at all times on school grounds (including drop off and pick up)
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Notify school if your child is a close contact or tests positive ( OR )
- Asymptomatic Testing – we continue to test 20% of our student population each week (Monday and Wednesday are our test days)
- Out of an abundance of caution, we won’t be inviting parent volunteers in for Winter Parties on 12/22. While it would be great to have parents join us, we will be limiting non-essential visits at this time to send everyone off to the winter holiday in the safest way we know how.
As a reminder, I will provide notifications at both the classroom level and the school community level for any positive cases that were on campus during their contagious period (as we have been doing all fall). I will also contact you via phone if your child has been identified as a close contact or tests positive during asymptomatic testing.
We continue to do a great job as a community of notifying school of any close contacts and positive cases. We are also staying true to our quarantine procedures for both vaccinated and unvaccinated students. Thank you for taking good care of one another as a community. In this season of light and joy, I encourage us all to slow down, recenter on the things that are of greatest importance, and remember to care for one another. Together we will close out 2021 and embrace 2022.
Wishing you a safe and healthy winter break.