We hope you enjoyed a peaceful Thanksgiving with your families and are rested up for the business of December. We’d like to first invite all of you to attend our upcoming General Meeting on December 9, 2019, at 6:30 pm. This meeting is open to all. Childcare will be provided.
We will be discussing a lot of important issues at this meeting, starting with a joint HSA/LSAT budget engagement session. Your LSAT team will explain how the DCPS budget process works and the HSA will provide information on the goals and planning for next year’s HSA budget. This is a great opportunity to provide input on the HSA budget!
We will also be discussing the formation of a new Outreach Committee focused on issues of Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. We’ll talk you through our planning goals and again, welcome your input.
Don’t forget the following HSA events:
- Shop at Child’s Play for loyalty night on December 3 from 7-9pm, where 10% of sales will be donated to our school.
- Register for the Flex winter session on December 6.
- Volunteer and shop at the Book Fair the week of December 9-13, where you can buy your own books or donate to the Tacoma Education Campus. Remember, you can print a Follet gift card at home to let your kiddo shop cashless!
- Attend the Camp Fair, January 13, 2020
- Save the date for Maryland Science Night, January 15, 2020
We hope to see you at the meeting and as always, please feel free to reach out to us in person or via email if you have any questions or suggestions.
Anu Mullick and Bree Cohen
HSA Co Presidents