|If you’ve been on the LafayetteHSA.org website, you may have noticed we have a new, more user-friendly home page and calendar feature. A lot is happening at the school, in your classes, and in the community. Here are some ways you can stay up to speed with everything:|
- Sign up for news here to receive weekly email announcements, like messages from Dr. B and the Tuesday Bulletin digest, run by HSA volunteers.
- View online or subscribe to the NEW calendar. The old Google Calendar is gone, but you can still subscribe by integrating it into your Google and other calendars easily at the bottom of the page. It includes major school and HSA events, including the revolving 6-day calendar of specials.
- Follow the school and HSA on social media. The HSA, in partnership with the school, runs our Instagram account (@lafayetteelementaryschool) and (official) Facebook page (LafayetteDCPS).
- Track email and other announcements from your teachers and room parents. They will often have class- or grade-specific announcements, but also updates that you’ll see through the above channels.
- Find information on our new website. The home page has a great new layout where all the key need-to-know news, links to evergreen information about the school, HSA and LSAT opportunities, the Lafayette 101 Primer, and staff directory.
|You’ll also find some great information, at times, in flyers that might survive your kids’ backpacks and class folders, or from the occasional child who tells their parents accurate information about school events and timelines.
Most of this information is communicated from an all-volunteer team of parents, like you, in close coordination with school administration and faculty. If you’re not sure who to go to for information among HSA’s volunteers, take a look here first to reach out over email to HSA committee leads or board members. For school-related questions, email the appropriate front office or other staff member.