Lafayette’s Local School Advisory Team (LSAT) will be conducting a Re-Open Planning Meeting tomorrow (Tuesday), November 24 at 7 am. This meeting is part of the LSAT team’s new duties in informing the school’s re-opening process. All LSAT meetings are open to members of the Lafayette community. Interested individuals can join the meeting here:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting<https://teams.
microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/> 19%3ameeting_ YzkwYjQwZTgtNWNhZS00Y2UzLTkzZm MtZGQzMzFkZTBkOTA3%40thread. v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a% 222aa046ee-b34e-4a33-92b7- 999df2bc0a32%22%2c%22Oid%22% 3a%22a51f2bb9-10c4-4228-82eb- a2dfdf37fa9c%22%7d
Or call in (audio only)
12025391291,,403847422#> United States, Washington DC
Phone Conference ID: 403 847 422#
Also, notes from our regularly-scheduled November meeting are below (See link for full notes):
LSAT (Local School Advisory Team) Meeting Minutes – November 18, 2020
- Introductions. All 14 members attended, plus Dr. B and one member of the community.
- Enrollment. In light of continued enrollment increases and building size constraints, Dr. B presented three options to prepare for next year’s projected classroom shortfalls. One option is a DCPS proposal to give Lafayette the old LAMB school property on Military Road.
- Virtual Learning Survey. Discussed LSAT/Dr. B draft survey which will allow families an opportunity to provide input on Lafayette’s Virtual Learning Program (apart from ReOpen plans).
- Re-opening plans. On Nov 16, DCPS leadership informed Elementary School Principals they must create their own Term-3 ReOpening plans, within guidelines provided by DCPS. Principals were tasked with forming a ReOpen Community Corps – Dr. B would like the LSAT to comprise the Corps. The ReOpen Community Corps (LSAT) will next convene on Tuesday, Nov 24 at 7am.
- Complete version of these meeting minutes are available at this link.