ReOpen Next Steps – 1/21/21
We are truly at the dawning of a new day – we have a new president, a new vice president, and we’re only days away from reopening schools in person. Below is pertinent information to keep you up to date:
Waitlist and in person learning seat offers
- All students in grades PK4, 1st – 5th grade have been offered a seat for in person learning.
- In Kindergarten, we have a few more waitlist seats to finalize, and a waitlist of only around 20 students. We continue to make calls.
Upcoming Dates and Meetings
- TONIGHT, Thursday, 1/21/21 @ 6:30 pm – Safety Protocols Parent Huddle. Links are grade specific below
- Sunday, 1/24 – after 6 pm
- Class lists shared (for grades K – 2)
- Assignments for am/pm or A Week/B Week assignments
- Drop off/pickup information will also be published
- Tuesday, 1/26 – ReOpen Back to School Night @ 6 pm. Links to be provided soon
- Thursday, 1/28 – PD Day, No School for Students (calendar change)
- Friday, 1/29 – PD Day/Records Day, No School for Students
- Monday, 2/1 – ReOpening day for A Week students 3rd – 5th grade, and all students K – 2. PK students – see the schedule from your teacher
- For Grades K – 2nd
- Tuesday, 1/26– Students last day with current homeroom teacher in Morning Meeting
- Wednesday, 1/27 – Students with new homeroom teacher in Morning Meeting
- All students have access to the following supports:
- Social Stories (links coming soon)
- Lunch Bunches the week of 1/25
- Mental Health Team support members (; ; ; ; )
- Discussions with classroom teachers about the upcoming changes
Materials to Review
- Return To School Video for Students
- DCPS Health Guidelines and Expectations
- COVID Response Protocols
Travel and Quarantine Guidelines
- If a student and their family travel out of state, they must either quarantine for 14 days OR receive a negative COVID test 72 hours after their return home, per the current Mayor’s Order.
- Families are obligated to share travel quarantines and other types of quarantine information (confirmed COVID case, qualification as a close contact, return from travel etc).
**If you have travel planned, or recently returned from travel, please plan accordingly. We are all in this together and are depending on one another to follow all safety protocols in place – for the safety of our families and others.**
Looking forward to seeing many of you this evening online to start talking through all the nitty gritty details!