Thank you to everyone who joined us this week as I shared the current information I have regarding the ReOpen plans for November. For those of you who were not able to join us, you can find the powerpoint slides here.
As I continue to learn and know more information, I will share it with all of us as a community. We will continue our Thursday evening Parent Huddles for the next several weeks. Please join me at 6:30 pm on Thursday for weekly information on the plans for ReOpening.
A few points to highlight:
- There will be 1 classroom per grade level for in person learning that open Nov. 9th.
- Class sizes will be as follows: PK/KDG – 10 students; 1st – 5th – 11 students.
- Seats will be matched according to priority for students with an IEP, students who receive ELL services, students experiencing homelessness, and students qualified as “at risk”.
- Sibling preference will be applied, although it does not guarantee a matched seat.
- All other seats will be matched randomly.
- Families will be notified the week of 10/19 – 10/23 of their matched status.
- CARE classrooms will provide supervision to students while they participate in virtual learning with their current teacher.
- Class sizes are the same as the in person classrooms.
- PK/KDG/1st Grade are set to open 11/16.
- 2nd – 5th Grade are set to open 11/30.
- Matched seats will be assigned in the same way as noted above.
- I am still seeking clarity on how many CARE classrooms will be opened at Lafayette.
- CARE classrooms will not be staffed by classroom teachers.
- Any student who is matched to a seat, must have up to date immunizations. Please email your health forms here:
- Several people asked how to share feedback with DCPS leadership. Here is a website that allows you to share your thoughts, questions, and ideas: https://dcpsreopenstrong.com/contact-us/