Want to become part of the behind the scenes magic for your child’s classroom? Interested in helping parents and kids connect as part of the broader Lafayette community?
We’re looking for up to three dedicated people from each class! Typical room parent duties include:
- Attending the Room Parent Social to be held September 9th. Specifics on time and location coming soon!
- Coordinating a class play date early in the year so kids and parents can get to know each other.
- Assisting your teacher when needed with the class website (volunteer sign-ups, class calendar, photos, and parent teacher conference sign-ups).
- Coordinating the Parent Potluck, ideally before the end of October.
- Assisting the teacher with organizing volunteers for field trips, art class, and other school day activities.
- Communicating with parents about the HSA, including events such as Fall Festival and Auction.
- Supporting your teacher by providing assistance with class parties throughout the year (Halloween, End-of-Year, etc.), based on teacher needs.
- Receiving and distributing emails from Room Parent Coordinators, Sue Long and Carolynn Race, about upcoming events/activities that need to be communicated to your class.
- Forwarding notifications to your class about HSA Meetings and Events. (This is important especially when meetings occur where there is a vote.)
Being a Room Parent is a rewarding experience, and most Room Parents find that their fellow classroom parents are very interested and available to help. Remember, you don’t have to do everything yourself. Coordinate, delegate, and have fun!