DC’s Office of Planning is undertaking a Small Area Plan (SAP) process for upper Connecticut Ave (Livingston St to the circle) as part of the comprehensive plan and the Mayor’s initiative to create affordable housing units in the Rock Creek West planning area.
The Office of Planning very much wants to hear from younger residents/families through the visioning survey that is now underway, as well as future workshops. The entirety of the SAP lies within Lafayette’s boundary.
The DC Office of Planning is undertaking the Chevy Chase Small Area Plan focused along Connecticut Avenue, NW, and invites you to take the Visioning Survey (closes June 24) and register for one of four upcoming virtual Visioning Workshops on June 5, 8, 9, or 10. Information gathered from the survey and workshops will help to inform the plan’s vision and goals for a more inclusive Chevy Chase. Local parents with school-aged children are a growing demographic in the area and encouraged to share their voice in this process. The Chevy Chase Small Area Plan will explore:
- Increasing opportunities for a range of household sizes & incomes (eg. affordable housing).
- A reimagined Chevy Chase Library and Community Center that can also accommodate housing.
- A thriving and sustainable Connecticut Avenue main street.
- Neighborhood identity and story-telling in public spaces.
- Supporting safe and comfortable neighborhood mobility for all ages and abilities.
To learn more about the plan, take the survey, and register for a workshop, visit publicinput.com/chevychase.