Dear Lafayette Families –
Happy August 1st!!! We find ourselves about to launch into the 2022-2023 school year, which marks my 9th year at Lafayette. I literally have no idea how the last 8 years has flown by – no doubt we’ve been busy – moving into swing space, moving into a new building, growing every year, a global pandemic….all the things! But here we are, on the eve of ushering in a new school year.
At the close of last school year, we had started to dust off some of our treasured “regular things” that were paused during the last 3 years. To say that we finished the year full of joy, fun and togetherness is an understatement. I am beyond excited to pick up where we left off – welcoming back returning families, embracing new families, and doing “regular” school things. In partnership with our HSA, our administrative team, and our entire staff, we are ready to have an incredible year!
So, without further ado…..here we go!!! Below is a list of important resources, calendars, notes, and reminders. Class lists will be shared in a separate email (and not posted on the website).
Our HSA, like a PTO/PTA, is an invaluable partner in what we do as a school community. This year’s co-presidents, Nicole Majestic and Maitland Greer, have already been partnering with us to make this the best year yet!!!
- This year, the HAS will continue to promote inclusivity across our school and ensure that our HSA and HSA board members are accessible and support our entire community. We will continue to prioritize the HSA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts with events throughout the year.
- We are also introducing the Lafayette Hello program to help make all feel welcome as valued members of our Lafayette family. We want to mix things up and encourage kids and parents to meet new people. The first step of the Lafayette Hello is to simply smile and say hello! We can greet one another, welcome someone new and maybe even introduce ourselves to someone we’ve never met before! Look out for information about how we can take this journey together to connect with one another including Welcome Back Coffee, Lafayette Hello Parent Walks, Lunches and Wine Nights, Class Family Play Dates and Parent Potlucks. We will also have Lafayette Hello Greeters around school to get us all started!
- Want to read their full Welcome Back Letter? Check it out here! Learn more about fundraising, traditions, and volunteer opportunities.
- Print it and hang it on your fridge! Or download it to the device of your preference!
- Save the date for the following upcoming events:
- 8/1 – Class Lists published
- 8/19– Teacher’s First Day Back!
- 8/25 – Parent Huddles; 6 – 8 pm (Please attend according to your student’s last name)
- 6:00 – 6:40 – A – F
- 6:45 – 7:25 – G – O
- 7:30 – 8:10 – P – Z
- 8/26 – KDG Teacher Meet and Greet; time TBA
- 8/27 – Popsicle Social, see below for more details
- 8/29 – Student’s First Day of School (K – 5th)
- 9/7 and 9/8 – Back To School Nights
Starting today (8/1), the HSA is accepting volunteers to serve as room parents. This is a first come, first filled volunteer opportunity – EMAIL ASAP!
- Want to sign up? Here’s how: Just send an email with Your Name, Teacher’s Name and Child’s Name to . Emails will be accepted starting 8/1 through 8/20.
- Want more information? Check out the Room Parent Flyer.
- Questions? Email
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Saturday, August 27
Please join us for new families popsicle socials
All Pre-K families – 10:30am to 12pm
New Kindergarten families – 3:00pm to 4:30pm
New 1st-5th grade families – 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Location: Lafayette-Pointer Park, near the Recreation Center
If you need more information, feel free to contact Shaanti Kapil at for questions about the Pre-K social, Simone Garreau at with questions about the kindergarten social, and Amee Garg at with questions about the 1st-5th grade social.
Lafayette Primer –
Do you know where the Great Hall is? Want to know more about our annual traditions? Check out the Life at Lafayette Primer – it’s an insider’s guide to all things Lafayette.
- Still need school supplies? Order them from School Toolbox: SY23 School Supply Lists
- Need financial support to purchase school supplies? Please email Ms. Diesner () and we’ll make sure your child has a set of school supplies.
That’s all for now!!! I’ll be in touch several times over the next several weeks. We’ll send out maps for lineup spots, and all sorts of helpful info! Please enjoy these last three weeks of summer!!!!!
*Didn’t get this email and had to have one of your friends forward it to you??? Make sure you are signed up for our email list serve at https://www.lafayettehsa.org/sign-up-for-news/