Lafayette students produce several publications throughout the school year.
Our publications give students the opportunity not only to express themselves creatively, but also to learn the logistics of producing a distributed publication in print or online. Whether as writers or producers, our students continuously rise to the challenge to craft interesting, thoughtful, and creative publications.
- The Bear Facts, Lafayette’s student newspaper, contains news, interviews, features, columns, art and photos. Any student can submit work to the Bear Facts, but 4th and 5th graders are its regular reporters and photographers.
- Cub Facts is a hard-copy magazine designed for Kindergarten and Pre-K students and created by Lafayette 4th and 5th graders.
- Images, our beloved student anthology, is a Lafayette tradition. This annual publication includes an illustration and writing sample from every student in the school. Class pictures and autograph pages make it a perennial favorite with the students. Past editions can still be found on the bookshelves of many Lafayette graduates.
- WLES is a student-produced online news channel allowing featuring broadcast news reports.
- Our Lafayette yearbook is sold at the end of the year, with a photo of all of our students, teachers and a collection of images commemorating the year’s events.