About the HSA
The Lafayette Home and School Association (HSA) is a group of volunteer parents, Lafayette staff, and members of the local community. The HSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group, similar to a traditional PTA. The HSA’s primary mission to bring home and school closer together, promoting cooperation among parents, teachers, and other staff, the community, and the D.C. government, and to work for the best interests of the children.
The HSA works for our community in variety of ways including:
- Raising funds to support programs and events not covered by the DCPS budget
- Engaging parents in volunteer and social activities around the school
- Keeping parents informed of what is happening at school through our communications channels like the website, emails, backpack stuffers and social media
- Serving as a resource for current or future parents
The following is a list of ways to contact the HSA and key school leaders:
- Contact any of our HSA Board Members directly.
- Leave a note in the suggestion boxes located in the Main Office and at the Security Desk or click here to ask general questions or give feedback (link to feedback form)
- Come to the monthly HSA General Meetings! We welcome suggestions for topics for these meetings