The Lafayette Mental Health Team (MHT) is excited to reintroduce the MHT Newsletter!
Each month the MHT Newsletter will cover a topic relevant to our Lafayette community and provide you with resources on how to explore this topic further with your student both at home and in our larger communities. MHT News is also a way for you to familiarize yourself with Lafayette’s Mental Health Team.
The Mental Health Team has many supports for students up and running. These include lunch bunches, targeted individual and group supports per IEP/504 plans, and the following general education support groups:
- Banana Splits (for students of parents who are divorced or separated, grades 1-5)
- Pride/SPARK club (diversity and social justice, grades 4-5)
- Book Club (grades 2-5)
- ASL Club (grades 2-5, in conjunction with Brianne Burger, parent volunteer)
- SEL Legos Club (grades 3-5)
- She Reigns (Girls of color grades 3-5)
- KING (Boys of color grades 3-5)
We are enjoying having fun with students and interacting with them via these groups. If you have questions or would like more information about a group please reach out to any member of the Mental Health Team: